This page has moved to a new address.

It's actually really easy bein' green...

The Teardos: It's actually really easy bein' green...

Monday, March 18, 2013

It's actually really easy bein' green...

Happy day after St. Patty's Day everybody! Okay, so I'm a tad late with this post (shocking from me, I know! coughyeahrightcough) but maybe I can spin this as a how-to-make-a-mesh-wreath-no-matter-the-holiday post. Maybe? Please say yes. :-)

So I'm not sure if this is a particular to the South trend, but I have been seeing big, fluffy, enthusiastic mesh wreaths everywhere. And since I had so much fun making the Valentine's Day wreath, I thought it might be fun to give it a go. So, with St. Patrick's Day being the nearest holiday, off I went to Hobby Lobby, coupon-in-hand and got myself a 16" wide roll of mesh. And let me tell you, this is such an easy and adaptable project! You can add or customize to your hearts content. :-)

So, here are the details:

What you need:

  • 16 inch roll of craft mesh (these come in really fun, vibrant colors)
  • Wire wreath frame
  • Twist ties or pipe cleaners
  • Ruler or measuring tape

Extras

  • Green & silver (Christmas) tinsel

What to do:

Step 1: Attach 18 twist ties (or pipe cleaners) to wreath frame, alternating rows.

 

Step 2. Going around the frame, bunch up the mesh every 16 inches and entwine in the twist ties, creating big fluffy loops of material.

Optional extras: wearing stripey blue pajama pants and having a feline helper.

 

I also used some spare green & silver tinsel and wrapped it around the wreath at the connecting points for a bit more texture and depth. And here it is in action:

 

 

How easy is that!? I'm already dreaming of what I can do for Easter...

I did a very simple version but you could really do it up! There are so many options of things you could embellish with and add to make it über awesome.

Happy crafting!

 

Labels:

2 Comments:

At March 22, 2013 at 12:07 AM , Anonymous Wayne Porter said...

Do you know how to make a magnolia leaf wreath? I stole the idea from Martha Stewart. It's as easy as can be and the one I made lasted 10 years. No lie.

 
At March 25, 2013 at 10:15 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Oooooh! That sounds gorgeous! I would LOVE to see it :-) Maybe you could show me how?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home