This page has moved to a new address.

Illustrated Recipe: Lavender & Honey Marshmallows

The Teardos: Illustrated Recipe: Lavender & Honey Marshmallows

Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Illustrated Recipe: Lavender & Honey Marshmallows

Let me first just say, "Yum!" These were amazing. As I mentioned here, we had a few friends over last weekend. Normally, I avoid trying a recipe for the first time for guests, but I hedged my bet by trying 2 (!) new recipes in the hopes that at least one of them would end up being edible. The great thing about both of these recipes is that you make them at least a day ahead. (It's now four and five days, respectively, after making these recipes and the leftovers are still tasting great!)

I found this particular recipe from the amazing gals over at A Beautiful Mess (best blog name ever, right?! And those photos! Swoon.)

And so, like with the Raspberry Gelée, I documented each step (err... most of the steps) of my making these fluffy cubes of delight:

Step 1. Steep 1 tsp of lavender buds in 1 cup of hot water. (I used a fill-able paper tea bag so I wouldn't need to strain it)

 

 

Step 2. Pour 1/2 cup of the lavender water into the bowl of your mixer and add 3 packets of gelatin. [Sorry, no picture]

 

Step 3. In a pot, combine 1 & 1/2 cup granulated sugar, 3/4 cup light corn syrup, 1/4 cup honey, 1/4 tsp salt and the other 1/2 cup lavender water. Boil on high until thermometer reads 240F

 

 

Step 4. While the mixture is cooking, spray your pan (or pans, in my case because the first one was too small) with non-stick cooking spray and then coat, using a 1:1 ratio of powdered sugar and corn starch (I ended up using about a half cup total. [Sorry, no picture again, *whomp whomp* I'll get better at this!]

 

Step 5. With the whisk attached and the splatter guard on, turn on the mixer to "Stir" and carefully pour in the sugar mixture.

 

 

Step 6. Whisk on high until it white and fluffy.

 

 

Step 7. Quickly (it sets fast!!) pour marshmallow into prepared dish and top with more cornstarch/powdered sugar. Let sit overnight.

 

 

Step 8. Cut into whatever size and shape you like using scissors (I promise, so much easier) and serve!

 

Nom nom.

 

A big THANK YOU! to the ladies over at A Beautiful Mess for providing the recipe and inspiration.

 

 

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home