This page has moved to a new address.

Valentine's Redux

The Teardos: Valentine's Redux

Saturday, February 16, 2013

Valentine's Redux

Or Leslie's excuse for sappy crafting

Or How to decorate for Feb 14 while pretending not to care

 

So... In my mind I'm a modern lady (insert a Beyonce song of your choice here...) and have no need for overwrought Hallmark holidays. In reality, however, it would appear that I am very much a Martha-Stewart-wanna-be-no-holiday-is-too-small-to-decorate-for kind of girl. *hmph*

And so, in this masquerade of modernity, we invited a couple of new friends (who just got married! Say it with me now: "Awwwww!") over to our house for a simple (yeah, right) dinner.

So I thought I'd share with you guys some poorly taken pictures of things I crafted together from stuff I had lying around. (That is actually true. I tried to go for a cost-neutral holiday.)

A Valentine's wreath: pink & red yarn wrapped wreath with pink crocheted half moons with red felt flowers.

Red card stock hearts hanging above the breakfast table.

Red felt flowers hot-glued to a styrofoam sphere atop a wooden pedestal.

Guest baskets: Christmas Valentines crackers, along with silly foam heart glasses and, the hit of the party, Model Magic in pink and red.

The whole table, before lighting the candles, in its iPhone picture horribleness glory.

 

Labels:

1 Comments:

At February 17, 2013 at 5:53 PM , Blogger Peter Storandt said...

Quite apart from the sentiment and cool decorations, it's vital to suport people who commit to each other. Congrats for doing so in style!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home