This page has moved to a new address.

A good egg (or four)

The Teardos: A good egg (or four)

Thursday, March 28, 2013

A good egg (or four)

Or, how to decorate eggs stylishly for $3.50.

I love embracing my inner child. Like, giving her a big hug and swinging her around while singing a little Rick Astley. I've got it stuck in your head now, don't I? Yeah, me too. Let's sing it together!!

 

Never gonna give you up

Never gonna let you down

Never gonna run around and desert you

Never gonna make you cry

Never gonna say goodbye

Never gonna tell a lie and hurt you

Nice moves everybody! At the very least, we're primed for next weeks "Wedding Wednesday" which is gonna showcase some of the smooth moves on the dance floor. Oh yeeeeeeaaahhhhhhhh. (Now I've got that "bow bow" theme from Ferris Bueller's Day Off stuck in my head. I'm having quite the 80s day!

Anywhoooooo, back to the post. I don't know how many years it's been since I've decorated an Easter egg. But I do know, it's been much too long! So earlier this week I asked ft to grab some eggs at the supermarket and I got some supplies at Target. I wanted to do something beyond the normal dyeing process but not anything too complicated (read: expensive). So, as luck would have it, Target came through with these:

 

They were in the dollar section (woot!) so I picked up a couple of them (one with letters and one with swirls) and a $1.50 dyeing kit from over in the Easter section. *I would like to quickly note (and receive subsequent points) for the amount of self control it took to go through the Easter candy section and not buy any :-)

 

So after we hard boiled the eggs, we broke out some plastic cups we had lying around. (Which we will be reusing for painting, btw) and started the process. I first used the water-only method because I wanted pastel eggs. Well, it overachieved a bit, as in, barely any discernible color. So, we switched to the vinegar method (see the back of the box) and that worked a lot better.

 

 

 

So then, it was only the matter of cutting out the shapes we wanted to use and then rubbing them onto the eggs. Because of the letters (and I had four eggs) I decided to do one for each of the members of our little family:

Me

 

Freddy-T

 

Pandora

 

Maggie

Ta da! (Have I been saying that at the bottom of every crafty post?)

Happy crafting! And a big Rick Astley-style hug to all musicians as the Holy Week crazy amps up today.

 

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home