This page has moved to a new address.

The Big Move starts today!

The Teardos: The Big Move starts today!

Thursday, October 25, 2012

The Big Move starts today!

Hi friends. Wow- it has really been a whirlwind past few weeks, as made evident by my lack of posting. Here's a quick summary of our lives recently:

• 18-hour to-and-fro trip to Birmingham to close on our house
• Baby shower for one pregnant friend and dinner with another. (Seriously, I am surrounded these days by gorgeous preggos.)
• My parents came into town.
• Fred played a recital in Glens Falls, NY.
• My last Sunday in Westport- Schubert Mass in G (which the Senior Minister accidentally called "Brahms Mass" and to which my choir LOUDLY corrected him! Hilarious.)
• I played a recital in NYC.
• and lots and lots and lots of packing.

The night before last we each got about 45min of sleep. The movers arrived at 9am and we had to be (although weren't quite) ready.

And so today starts the big move! I am on the train right now to CT to meet the movers at our storage units. Fred is putting a full day in at work. (Remind me to tell you later about his next week- it makes the past 3 weeks seem mellow...)

Tonight, with any luck, we will have squeezed us, the 2 cats, and entirely too much stuff into the MINI Cooper and will be on our way! First stop: Baltimore.

Birmingham, here we come!


Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home