This page has moved to a new address.

Oink oink

The Teardos: Oink oink

Monday, October 1, 2012

Oink oink

Last night Fred and I went to a very special meal for a very special friend of ours (more on that later).We had a whole hog! Well, us and 10 of our friends :-)

(sorry for the bad quality photos. Dark+iPhone+flash= weird looking pictures)

Along with this awesomeness, we also feasted on brussels sprouts with bacon, potatoes with leeks gratin, "bitter greens with vinaigrette" which is a big ol' pile of a garden on a plate, and some roasted squash and apples. Yum yum!

We finished up the meal with the most enormous baked Alaska I've ever seen. Let's first take a glance at the normal-sized excellence:

 

Lovely! A perfect size to share. Are you ready for the super-size?

 

Are you?

 

Ready?

 

Don't say I didn't warn you...

Wow! Yeah, it was awesome. And really yummy. It cracked me up because the very nice server that divided it up accidentally made 13 servings instead of 12. Let me also clarify that you could serve a Thanksgiving turkey on that platter the baked Alaska is sitting on.

That's all for now, but before I go, how about another gratuitous pig shot? Yes, I think so.

Nom nom.

 

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home