This page has moved to a new address.

Top 10 things I love about Birmingham thus far

The Teardos: Top 10 things I love about Birmingham thus far

Thursday, November 1, 2012

Top 10 things I love about Birmingham thus far

(These are in no particular order, other than the order in which I thought of them.)

1. Drive-through dry cleaners
2. The "traffic" (insert Yankee snicker here for the so-called "rush hour". A friend and I saw 4 separate accidents on the road yesterday and were delayed maybe 10 minutes)
3. $3.29-a-gallon gasoline
(Fred does not approve of this one- but he thinks it should still be a dollar...)
4. The fountain that greets us as we enter our neighborhood. (Although, it really does need a light for at night. I'm going to start resenting our HOA fees if I can't see the fountain we're paying for... *grumble grumble*)
5. That I have yet to meet a single unpleasant or ill-mannered person.
6. That it is the first week of November and it was 68 degrees and sunny.
7. That it never takes more than 15 minutes to get anywhere, from anywhere.
8. Two words: Super. Target.
9. That parking for the symphony took all of 2 minutes. (although, I hope that attendance improves!)
10. That we got to meet the star chef in town even before we moved here. (can you tell Fred suggested this one?)

So, yes, we're loving it here!!


Labels:

1 Comments:

At November 11, 2012 at 7:28 PM , Anonymous Peter Storandt said...

Birmingham, including the Advent, is the most hospitable city I've visited. Be sure to spend some time at the Civil Rights Museum; it makes a profound statement.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home