This page has moved to a new address.

Elbow deep in...

The Teardos: Elbow deep in...

Saturday, October 27, 2012

Elbow deep in...

Fred's last post was amazing and inspiring and philosophical and so very sweet.

This will be none of those things.

Getting the house ready to receive furniture began in earnest today. I first did about a million hours of shopping for supplies and am now right in the middle of cleaning. The bathroom was first up.

Since I am writing now from my phone, I apologize that I have to place all of the photos at the bottom together and will then offer their explanations here:

1. Cleaning the bathtub. I filled it with water and my new best friend, white vinegar. I then let the jets run for five minutes. The idea of what was lurking in those jets kept even me from bathing until this task was complete. (the vinegar actually released quite the collection of little bits of grossness.)
2. Cleaning the grout. I think this picture pretty well shows what I'm up against. A before and after in one picture!
3. Peeling up the old bathroom drawer contact paper. Whatever nails I had before are now shredded- not complaining, just an observation!
4. The wonderful new contact paper. :-) so clean and ready for organization!
5. My cleaning company.

Okay, so I know this isn't the most inspiring of posts, but I figured this sets the stage for a big reveal later... Right? Right?

2 Comments:

At October 28, 2012 at 11:25 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cats are like small children....."Whatcha doing???...Can I do that???...Why does it smell funny???...I'm hungry..whens lunch???"
Who does that sound like?? Hummmmmm

 
At October 28, 2012 at 6:07 PM , Anonymous Peter said...

Leslie,

You have given us the other reality of moving. There's really no other way than to scrub in.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home