This page has moved to a new address.

Boston or...nope. Bust.

The Teardos: Boston or...nope. Bust.

Monday, October 29, 2012

Boston or...nope. Bust.

Let me start off by saying that I will never name any future daughter, pet, or worst enemy by the name "Sandy".

After finishing my last service at Saint Thomas, this was to be the itinerary for the coming days:

Monday am: train to Boston
Tuesday pm: play program in Harvard Memorial Chapel
Wednesday am: fly from BOS-BHM
Wednesday pm: first choir rehearsal at the Advent

Here's a snapshot of what's actually transpired in the last 24 hours:

Sunday afternoon:
- MTA announces evening shutdown of NYC mass transit
- Amtrak cancels my Monday AM train
- my awesome parents use their superhero powers to come pick me up so I wouldn't get stuck in Manhattan and still have some hope of getting to Boston

Monday am:
- start drive to Boston, and had to turn around because the Governor closed the highways
- Wednesday BOS-BHM flight cancelled
- stuck in Waterbury, with no hope of getting to Cambridge for my recital tomorrow

Thanks to US Airways, they've rerouted me through Hartford for Wednesday am. As long as the airport isn't still closed, I'm golden.

I'm hoping all my friends in the city are staying safe, as well as everyone else on the East Coast.

In the meantime, I get to spend some quality time with my parents before settling in Birmingham for good. In the end, a very welcome diversion. Sandy, schmandy. Things could be worse.

Labels:

2 Comments:

At October 29, 2012 at 5:45 PM , Anonymous Lena Tharp said...

Keep your good spirits up. Although I'm sorry you don't get to play in Boston you get to spend time with your parents, so a blessing in disguise there.
safe travels, mi amico!

 
At October 29, 2012 at 8:29 PM , Blogger BobsBlues said...

It is just as well that you did not get to play in Boston. It is doubtful that many would venture out. Isn't Sandy predicted to head up that way? I am sure you will be rescheduled. In the meantime you are enjoying family time in the elevated city of Waterbury. Here's hoping the airport opens and there is an aircraft there to whisk you on your way south. Thank you for all of the music you shared with us in NYC!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home