This page has moved to a new address.

Moving VII: Frederick

The Teardos: Moving VII: Frederick

Friday, October 26, 2012

Moving VII: Frederick

Hey ya'll - it's Fred here writing his first official contribution to the blog. And look at me practicing my Alabamanisms.

Well, the foaming at the mouth has subsided and I have a slightly less anxious Magnifi-cat on my lap. Leslie's taking a turn at the wheel allowing me to keep ya'll posted. (Ooh I did it again.)

In about 15 miles we will go through Frederick, Maryland. I first heard of Frederick through my long-time friend Chris Lane, who I believe grew up in or around it. Ever since I've wanted to see this town that apparently liked my name so much they just had to have it.

Riiiiiiight.

Just passing through, but one more item to check off the old bucket list.

Labels:

2 Comments:

At October 26, 2012 at 11:45 AM , Blogger Marisa said...

Might as well learn it the right way: y'all. :) And it's a VERY useful word.

 
At October 26, 2012 at 12:03 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

It IS useful!

The original spelling, as introduced by the likes of Hemingway & Faulkner, is "ya'll"

Although not the technical contraction of "you" and "all", it is the way we always used it growing up in Georgia. It will be interesting to see how the B'ham crowd utilizes this truly excellent idiom.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home